Friday, June 24, 2005

City gal.

So I've decided that when my lease is up in February, I'm going to move into the City.

I've wanted to for years, and slowly but surely I've gotten a little closer (geographically) to it each year. Right now between my job, future schooling and my 'high traffic' areas...I'm in the perfect position for living in the city to be my perfect location. It would also be nice to be able to go out for the day and be able to actually *gasp* walk to something entertaining. Right now, I'd have to drive the 2o minutes to Bmore, or the 20 minutes to Annapolis. I'm sick of that, I want to be able to walk a block to a corner store then back home and lounge with my cat.

I also feel that it's a better fit to my personality, I love the hustle and bustle to city life - I get neurotic and weird when I'm caged up in my quiet apartment. I've always felt more comforatable when I'm just surrounded by tons of people - I feel a little less alone in this world. Plus, Baltimore has such a little charm to it, while it seems like a dirty dirty mess to the visitor's eye, it really does have some of the most quirky daily life.

I grew up going to my aunt and uncles place on quite the regular basis, so I know the regular in's and outs of city life. I understand the pro's and the con's. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but to me, the positive definately outweights the negative.

So the decision has been made. Come February, I'm city bound.

Who knows, maybe I'll take my parents advise and seek out a townhouse to own and sublet the extra room(s) to help cover the mortgage. But I think I may want to rent first to get a feel for it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you say "The City" I can only think of New York. That was always "the City" and everything around it was...well, whatever it was.


I can't wait to move down to Salem myself and get me a place. I think I'll be able to swing it in August or September, at the latest. I'm going to work a lot of overtime, as much as I can without killing myself, to get it up.

4:59 AM, June 26, 2005  
Blogger Beschädigte Güter said...

Baltimore is the closest city to me, so I usually call it 'the city'. Then again, I also call DC that...

I'm going to hurry up and put in some massive overtime in th next few weeks and bank it so that I have extra cash put away.

9:04 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could just bank it and not worry about it. I'm so terrible with money, it takes me forever to get anything done. :/

I'm hoping to try and pull one or two overtimes a week for the next few months and completely pay off my credit cards. If I can pull that off, I'll be golden.

5:44 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger Beschädigte Güter said...

I'm trying to clear out my debts, THEN save...trying being the operative word.

10:06 AM, June 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home